Waiting in the car for a dentist appointment can be grueling on children.
During these unprecedented times while our state of the art, kid-friendly office is closed off we’d like to offer fun activities to do with your kids while you wait safely in your car for your appointment.
Activities to do in the Car While Waiting for Your Dentist Appointment
1. Play an audiobook over the car speakers
2. Play “Eye Spy” with cars and objects in the parking lot. “I spy, with my little eye, something purple.”
3. Play the Memory Game: One person starts the game with “I’m going on a trip and I’m going to pack…” and the second person must then repeat what the first person said while adding another item, starting with the next letter of the alphabet.
- Person 1: I’m going on a trip and I’m going to pack… an air mattress.
- Person 2: I’m going on a trip and I’m going to pack… an air mattress and butter.
- Person 3: I’m going on a trip and I’m going to pack… an air mattress, butter and a canteen.
4. Play Simon Says
5. Find the Colors: Pick a color and see who can find the most objects that are that color.
6. Two Truths & A Lie: So long as you’ve established that lying to parents is only ok during the game, this is a fun one. Take turns sharing 3 statements, 2 of which are true and 1 being a lie. Make sure they are all reasonable sounding (or ALL crazy) and have the kids guess which is the lie.
7. Mini Coloring Boxes– Use an empty first aid kit box ($1 in the travel section at Target) and attach a new square size post it with hot glue or double stick foam tape to the back and stick a few crayons in. It’s the perfect size to hold everything and you can toss it in your purse.
8. Homework! This is a great time to catch up on homework. I bring a clipboard for each child and I put their homework on it. For the younger kids, I just clip a blank sheet of paper on it and they draw.
9. Pipecleaners. A handful of pipecleaners will keep the kids busy, creating, for quite a while!
Make your next visit to the doctor’s office with your kids a pleasant experience by keeping them engaged in activities that will make the waiting time fly by.